My name is Emily Elizabeth Hricko. Emily Elizabeth Events is the result of my greatest interests colliding. With an appreciation for things well done and with worthy intentions, my passion for details has proved to be a match made in heaven for event planning. I love what I do and enjoy sharing it with others in celebrations of all kinds.
I grew up in the Maine woods and graduated from Bowdoin College with a degree in English and Dance. My events background is in planning high profile academic events for my alma mater. Eight years in higher education gave me a lot of tangible professional experience in logistics, project management, and communication. In 2016 I made the transition to Emily Elizabeth Events a full-time endeavor. I’m a good listener and a creative problem solver. I have a roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic and I’m definitely not afraid to get my hands dirty.
Although I pay homage to my small town roots, my heart is happiest when I have at least one foot in an urban setting. I live in Portland with my husband James and cat Slinky in a blue Victorian with a lot of natural light. I look forward to any excuse to explore the culinary offerings of our foodie town, follow the arts and culture scene, and to keep moving.
Things you’ll soon find out once you get to know me:
- I aspire to the following: foodie, artist, design junkie, bohemian, and minimalist
- I like to be in the middle of things and dread the end of a party
- I’m fiercely loyal and terrible at goodbyes
- Cheese is the way to my heart
- I have a serious game face and can run in heels
- I’m a realist, but I dream big within the confines of what’s possible